Music in your Discord Server is a great way to keep your members entertained. There are multiple ways to play music on a Discord Server. You can do it with or without a Discord Music Bot. Learn how you can play Music in Discord with or without a Bot.
Music in Discord Server
Discord is probably the only social networking application that doesn’t follow in the footsteps of typical social media networks. It does more than any other social network website or application can do.
It provides a complete solution to those looking forward to creating and running their communities within one platform. Besides chatting on a Discord Server, you can play games, buy and sell items, add fun activities, and listen to music. Server owners have the option to invite bots to entertain their Discord members.
You can run a Discord server without a bot, but it would be bland. It won’t be wrong to say that Discord Servers are reliant on bots when it comes to killing boredom. Especially when you want to become a DJ in your server, you’d definitely look forward to inviting a good Discord Music Bot.
But what if you can’t find the music of your choice through a bot and you want to play the music through the mic of your device instead? In that case, you would need a way to play music in Discord without a bot. I’m going to show you the methods to do both of these i.e. playing music in discord with or without a bot.
Play Music in Discord with a Music Bot
- First of all, you need to have a server ready beforehand, if you don’t have a server yet, create one.
- Choose the Discord Music Bot of your choice and click on “Invite”.
- Select your server from the “Invite” page and give it all the necessary permissions.
- The bot will pop-up in the general section of your server.
- You can now enter the bot’s commands to start playing music.
- To view the commands for a bot, you can either seek help within the chat or you can view all commands on the bot’s website.
- Some bots would require joining a voice channel before they play music, make sure you join the channel.
- You can now create queues, pause, forward/rewind, and stop the music by simply entering the commands.
If you’re still confused about adding a music bot to your Discord server, you can check it this tutorial on how to add a Discord Bot to your server.
Play Music in Discord without a Bot
- Since this method is limited to PC only, you need to have Discord installed on your PC.
- Now on your PC, go to Sound Settings > Under Advanced > More Settings.
- Click on Recording > Select Stereo Mix > Set it as default.
- Now open your Discord Server and join a voice channel.
- Play the music via your computer’s mic now. That’s pretty much it.
Play Music in Discord via Spotify
- On your Discord, go to the user settings by clicking on the settings gear icon next to your profile on the bottom-left of Discord Desktop.
- Now go to Connections.
- In Connections, select Spotify.
- Login in to your Spotify and give it all the necessary permissions.
- Once you’re connected, you will be able to listen to music via Spotify. That’s all.
If you are still confused about something regarding playing music inside a discord server, feel free to reach out to us via the comment box below. We will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.